How to become a member:
You must be a member of IIBA (International) before becoming a Chapter member. To become a member of IIBA (International), follow these simple steps:
- Visit the IIBA® (global) site.
- Register by clicking "Join Now".
- Pay the membership fee of US$125.
- Download your membership card.
What happens next:
Once you are a member of the global organisation, you are automatically a member of the NZ Chapter. Joining New Zealand chapter is FREE if you are IIBA® International member!
To participate in various events:
Join meetup.com for member only as well as public/open events:
- Auckland: http://www.meetup.com/Akl-IIBA/
- Wellington: http://www.meetup.com/Wlg-IIBA/
- Christchurch: http://www.meetup.com/ChCh-IIBA/
- Keep current and involved with professional practices and developments
- Develop in-depth knowledge of business analysis best practices and ideas, having exposure to new tools and cutting-edge techniques
- Network with fellow business analysts within New Zealand, share expertise and learn from others
- Earn Professional Development Hours for CBAP or CCBA accreditation by attending events
- Access to 100+ hours of professional development opportunities across NZ each year
- Free copy of the BABOK (required to attend the CBAP/CCBA study groups)
- Access to the exam flight reimbursement scheme for those certifying CBAP/CCBA
- Influence and contribute to the stature of business analysis professionals building careers within New Zealand
- Opportunities for leadership through participation on committees
- Voting privileges for defining chapter direction
- And above all have enjoyable social interaction…
Still not sure?
Some of our events are open to the public, so feel free to attend and learn more before deciding to join. You can also watch out a video of a recent IIBA event in Auckland about "Who should you believe about the IT Project". The success of our chapter depends on the participation of our members along with support from organisations who recognise the importance of the Business Analyst.